As the season transitions into spring our skincare needs shift around milder temperatures, changes in humidity and more time spent in the sun. We recently connected with our friend, Cassy Vantriet, the founder of WOASH, for the ultimate natural activator pairing to fortify your favorite .eluo. face mask ritual.
Our skincare needs for spring center around exfoliating and brightening dull winter skin with a balance of light hydration and nourishment. Making it the perfect time for us to return to a weekly exfoliating ritual. At Eluo, we enjoy using an array of natural ingredients found in your home to elevate and enhance the skin glowing benefit of our treatments.
WOASH has put together a beautiful collaboration with celebrity facialist, Colette Yeomans of Clarite Wellness, to inspire their Beauty Base Tea blend. Each herb selected for this simple, yet comforting blend has an affinity to a particular organ and supplies trace minerals to set the foundation for healthy skin. Thoughtfully, formulated to be used topically as well, we love the idea of using this juicy, nutrient dense infusion to elevate your .eluo. mask ritual. Using a chilled infusion of Beauty Base Tea, this minimal, at-home spa-like ritual combines the nourishing and antioxidant-rich benefits of herbs with the soothing and balancing properties of mineral-rich clay.
What You'll Need
- WOASH Beauty Base Tea
- Eluo face mask & polish formula of your choice (Forma Rosea, Forma Viridi, Forma Floris)
- Tea strainer
- Eluo Ceramic Mask Bowl (or small bowl to mix)
- Eluo Application Brush
How To Make
1. Steep 2 teaspoons of Beauty Base Tea, allow to cool.
2. Add 1/2-1 tablespoons of your favorite .eluo. face mask & polish powder formula to mixing bowl.
3. Add a small amount of chilled Beauty Base Tea to powder (approx. 1/2-1 tablespoons).
4. Combine to form a rich, soft mousse-like consistency.
5. Gently smooth over a clean, damp face in an upward motion and relax for 5-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water or remove with damp cloth to rehydrate the mask as you cleanse. Follow with our Forma Oleum Face Oil to lock in moisture.
How To Use For Best Results
Use treatment once or twice per week depending on your skin to help balance, hydrate and cleanse naturally. Pair this mask with a deep cleansing Beauty Base Facial Steam (pre-mask application) to prep your skin, followed with Forma Oleum Face Oil to to seal in all the nourishing benefits of your treatment.
Photo Credit: Cristina Gareau